Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Take the nest bus


Another bitterly cold winter day it was a long wait for the bus this morning. There was a small group gather by the bus shelter already. Finally the long awaited bus arrived but was packed with morning riders. I took one look and decided not to bother with the extra stress. Another woman seemed agreed with me and stayed for the next bus. I told her, I think the next one would be plenty of seats and should arrive shortly.
Within minutes, the next bus showed up at our stop and there were many empty seats. Both of us went to seats at the end of the bus and I started to read my newspapers. A few stops later, when I look up from my reading and noticed our bus has catch up to the first bus. I smile and went back to my reading.
Ten minutes later, the same woman called out to me and tells me to look out the window. Our bus has just passed the first bus and look at each other and both started to laugh.

No comments: